Health is wealth. No wonder, restoring it is costly.
My mother underwent a series of Shock Wave therapy to crush then eventually flush out the stone on her ureters. Philhealth only covers a minimal percentage of the bill (about 5%). Thankfully someone shared about BRO Healthcare. Nanay immediately applied for her membership and enjoyed free Shock Wave therapy. It was a big help to our family so I am also sharing some info for the benefit of Isabelino’s.
What is BRO HEALTHCARE?
BRO HEALTHCARE is socialized health insurance system made-in-Isabela for the people of Isabela Province. It is an effort of the Isabela government to alleviate the people from the burden of the rising cost of medication and other medical services.
The promise: 100% free medical and hospitalization benefits to members with a minimal contribution – PhP150.00 monthly contribution for individual paying members and PhP100.00 annual membership fee for the indigents.
Who are qualified to apply?
Principal member must be a resident and a registered voter of Isabela.
What are the documentary requirements to be a member?
- Voter’s ID or Voter’s affidavit – I passed by the municipal ComElec Office to check the validity of my Voter’s ID. Glad it’s still valid. I am still a voter of Isabela.
- Current Community Tax Certificate (Cedula) – You can process this from your Barangay Hall or in my case from the Municipal Treasurer’s Office.
* Bring the original and photocopy of the documents above. Photocopy services is available in front the Health Care Office.
Who are the beneficiaries of a BRO HEALTHCARE Member?
- spouse of the principal member
- children of the principal member who are below 21 years old and are single
- parents of the principal sponsor who are 60 years old and above
- children who are borne with a congenital disorder
Where can I apply?
Applications can be made in the following offices:
- BRO Healthcare Office, G/F Isabela Capitol, Alibagu, Ilagan, Isabela
- BRO Healthcare Coordinator Office of Isabela District Hospitals
- Cabagan District Hospital
- Roxas District Hospital
- Cauayan District Hospital
- Echague District Hospital
- Palanan Community Hospital
- San Mariano Community Hospital
- Villa Concepcion Extension Hospital
How to be a member?
As long as you have the complete requirement for the application, the membership process will be done in 15 minutes. There is a lane designated for new membership. If you have to wait, there are seats available inside Health Care Office.
A. INDIVIDUAL PAYING MEMBER
- Fill out the MMDR Form. This will capture your personal info, some important numbers and your dependents. You may also be required to bring documents like Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate as a proof of relationship to beneficiary.
- Submit filled out MMDR Form together with the photocopy of Voter’s ID/Voter’s Affidavit and Cedula. A Healthcare Officer will then encode your information to their database.
- Undergo a simple orientation about the program. The Health Care Office makes sure that you understand what the program is all about: where and when to pay for the membership fee, how to properly avail of the benefit, what are the accredited hospitals are few of the things discussed. A pamphlet about the Health Program is given during the orientation. It has a list of accredited Hospitals and Doctors. Bro Healthcare Accredited Doctors and Hospitals – As of May 2014.
- Have your photo taken. A beautiful smile is a requirement. 🙂
- Pay membership and other fees. Initial membership payment of PhP150.00 peso is required. Additional PhP50.00 (one-time payment only) is charged for the membership card. Succeeding payments can be made in the main Health Care Office or District Hospitals in the province.
Important: Keep your payment receipts and always bring them when making a new payment for cashier’s reference.
Monthly Membership Fee: PhP 150.00
Membership ID Card Fee: PhP 50.00 (one-time payment)
* A minimum penalty will be charged for late payments of monthly contributions.
- Wait for your Healthcare ID. Printing will take only 5 minutes.
B. GROUP/SPONSORED RECRUITMENT
Interested groups can directly coordinate with BRO HealthCare office or call (078) 323 0386 or (0917) 966 1668.
When Can I Use the Card?
A three-month residency period will be observed. This means that benefits of the Health Card can be enjoyed 3 months from registration date.
How to Properly Use the Card?
Check this link.